torsdag 7 februari 2013

Fishing, mountain climbing and 50 bucks!

Today, a quite funny thing happend! I was on my way back to the motel in Calgary(I'm a few days back on schedule by the way, I'll catch up tomorrow!) and I really had to use the toilet. I looked for the nearest gas-station and got to use the toilet for 1 $. But when I got in to the toilet there was a wallet on the sink! I took it up too have a look inside and found 200 $ and lot of credit-cards, and I panicked. I didn't know what to do, so I closed the wallet, and then I opened it again to look for an ID. Luckily, I found one. The wallets owner was named Phil Hubbard and looked to be about 50 years old. I was still in need to use the toilet, so I did. When I got out I didn't tell them about the wallet but thanked them for letting me use the toilet. I just went to the car and drove back to the hotel and looked up Phil on the internet.

Luckily Phil had his number on the internet, on a page for theatre. Obviously he's an actor, I thought. I didn't wait longer and used the motels phone to call him. He answered politely with his name and a "may I ask who this is?" with a voice reminding me of Sideshow Bob. I told him that I've found his wallet, and I can't even tell you how happy he got! He told me that he had been searching for it everywhere and started to get desperate. I told him to meet me at the motel I'm staying at, Canadas Best Value Inn, and he didn't even hesitate. 10 minutes later he was outside to meet up with me. I waved at him when he came driving and he looked really happy. When he had parked the car and met up with me he thanked me a thousand times and insisted on giving me something for the trouble. Even though I didn't wanted anything, he didn't take no for an answer. He took up his wallet and handed me 50 bucks, thanked me one more time and got in his car. Then he drove away, waving and smiling at me.

And that's how I got 50 bucks(= 350 swedish kronor), haha!

In another note, like I wrote in the beginning, I'm a few days back on schedule. I'm currently staying at a motel that only costs 63 $/night(≈ 440 Swedish kronor, CHEAP!) and they have nice people, a great cafe and restaurant and just a cosy view, so I haven't really felt like driving away from here, haha. But I promise, tomorrow I will continue on the road trip!

While I've been here in Calgary, I've been at Banff National Park and gone fishing(can you see ME fishing?) and it was quite fun! You had to have a lot of patience, but I at least got one! :D They threw it in the water again though, haha, but I got one!

I've also been mountain climbing, and it was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I think I got up to 10 metres and then I wanted to go down again, haha!  It was kind of a  waste of money, but I wanted to try! I've got the 20 $ back now that I've got 50 from Phil for finding his wallet ;)

Now, I am going to the café to get some snack and maybe a cup of warm tea. It's going to be a long day tomorrow, so I'll probably look up a near food-store to buy something and stack up for tomorrows long driving. I think I'll aim at driving to Kalispell, Montana, tomorrow, even though it's about 200 miles driving. If I've got some good snacks and some good music I can sing to, I think I can make it! Let's go!

Source
Hotel/Value Inn: http://reservations.calgaryhotels.org/hotel/?refid=4129&rs_hid=9562903
Banff National Park: http://www.banffnationalpark.com/
Fishing: http://www.banffnationalpark.com/activities/fishing-in-banff-national-park-canadian-rockies.html
Mountain climbing: http://www.banffnationalpark.com/activities/mountain-climbing-in-banff-national-park-canadian-rockies.html

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar